(Redirected from Guide:Mechanics)
- ability: the name of each individual command that a character can perform after having gained the appropriate skill level (hack, backstab, dice). To view your character's abilities, type abilities
- aggro: holding the attention of an attacking monster; whoever the monster is attacking has aggro.
- AoE: Area of Effect; spells that have an area of effect from around the target or a radius from the caster.
- Blessed: player characters that come back after killing blows; they have extended lives (non-permadeath characters)
- borging: doing things for the sake of gaining XP in a mindless manner
- buff: any temporary status effect that increases performance of certain skills or stats
- build: how you have chosen your character's abilities and spent your skill points; this includes the class, profession, and skills you've chosen
- CC: crowd control, spells that stun or immobilize an enemy when there is more than one involved
- CvC: clan versus clan; Primordiax's system of advance PvP involving clans, keeps, and territory
- clan: player developed organization that revolves around a theme; clan founder is permanent
- class: There are three classes, which determine how one earns xp (combat, crafting, support)
- crafting: creating finished items by gathering objects and putting them together with commands
- debuff: any temporary status effect that decreases performance of certain skills or stats
- DPS: damage per second done by anything that can cause damage
- DoT: damage over time spells, (ie: 3pts of damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds)
- fury: stat used for certain special abilities; build up over time (berserkers, etc.)
- guild: organization of players (may be player created or permanent game fixture) where characters go to train; Guildmaster heads this organization and may be removed through various means
- HoT: heal over time spells (ie: 3pts of healing every 3 seconds for 12 seconds)
- ICE: In-character enforced; All characters must stay in character. Roleplaying not mandatory but heavily encouraged.
- mats: materials used to build crafting items including other crafted items
- mob: short for mobile, an old mudding term for monsters
- mount: any object that can be ridden by a player character in order to facilitate movement (horses, donkeys)
- pbAoE: point blank area of effect, spells that start from your character's feet and go boom
- profession: determines cheaply trained skills in each class and IC "job" for each character (warrior, enchanter, healer)
- pulling: drawing one mob into combat from a group of mobs
- race: species from which a character hails (trulloc, leklek, catfolk)
- racial mount: a mount that is available only to specific races (slemor)
- resistance: reduces specific damage types
- resources: raw items used to craft other items
- resurrect: to bring back any Blessed character from the dead with reduction in xp loss
- roleplaying: having a consistent and defined character concept; character reacts based on its own personality rather than the player's personality.
- skill: the name of each branch of the skill tree; comes in primary, secondary and tertiary form (weaponcraft, melee weapons)
- skill points: (SP) points obtained at each level and used to advance skill levels
- spec: another term for character build
- stats: 9 stats: Agility, Constitution, Strength, Intelligence, Concentration, Logic, Luck, Piety, Charisma; raised by eating well and performing certain exercises.
- tank: someone who deliberately holds aggro
- Unblessed: player characters that do not come back after killing blows (permadeath characters)
- XP: experience points; numerical representation of your character's knowledge. Can be spent to advance your character